Monday, May 13, 2013

Highcliffe Pub and Eatery

Updated July 2016: this restaurant is now closed. The building is for sale and is currently being used as a film location.



Mike and I went to a movie on Friday night and it got out around 9pm.  I was in the mood for chocolate dessert, but was disappointed since many restaurants close at 9.  So, when we were almost home I was delighted to see the lights on at Highcliffe Pub and Eatery.  This restaurant is less than 1 mile from my house.

Evidently the upper floor is a full size ballroom that is available for rent.  I haven't seen it and wouldn't have guessed it was there.

So it was probably 9:30 when we got a booth.  There were a few people in the restaurant and at the bar (which is all one room) and the place looks clean and modern.

A server who seemed to be of some authority (owner/manager?) came over and told us the soup of the day, and then told us not to order it because it was 4 days old.  We thanked him for his honesty and then waited for our actual server to hang up from her cell phone before we could order.  She did apologize for the wait.  I asked for dessert and she came over with a dessert tray with various cheesecakes and chocolate desserts.

I ordered the brownie a la mode and Mike ordered a slice of cheesecake.

I believe my brownie was also in the 4-day-old category, the ice cream had ice crystals in it, so who knows how long it had been in the freezer, or possibly thawed and re-frozen.  The brownie was so dry I should have just stirred it into the ice cream.

Mike said his cheesecake was awful.

We left at 10pm as the place was closing up.  I think I'll try other places before I return to Highcliffe Pub and Eatery.

No comments:

Post a Comment