Monday, March 18, 2013

Heavenly Donuts

This donut store is about 2.5 miles from my house. The zip code is technically Gladstone.

I'm always interested in donut stores, and now of course with donuts being the new cupcakes, they are all the rage.

We moved to Oregon City from Beaverton, where the nearest donut store was a Krispy Kreme.  I'm just not a huge fan of Krispy Kreme.  I like a more traditional yeast (not cake) donut.  Safeway actually has really good yeast donuts, but the Safeway here in Oregon City does not re-stock their donuts daily so I don't know what's up with that.

Heavenly Donuts did not disappoint.  And it's open 24 hours, as a proper donut store should be.  It used to be a Winchell's.  You can tell from the triangular sign out front.

1 comment:

  1. It took me a long time to find a good donut shop around here. In fact I didn't eat donuts for a few years due to the fact that I hate the taste of oil and could not find one that was not oily. There is a donut shop here that is called Hypnotic Donuts, and I am pretty sure is a copy of Voo Doo Donuts. They have all kinds of weird ones, like bacon on top or M&M's. Sometimes you see their food trucks around. Food trucks are all the rage around here.

    ReplyDelete